Grocery Gift Certificates
Great fundraiser for CISV, we buy in bulk and get a discount. CISV keeps half the discount and applies the other half as credit towards your next travel program, or you may choose to donate the money and get a tax receipt.
Gift certificates are available for:
- Loblaws / Superstore (also valid at Maxi, NoFrills, Provigo, Independent, Valu-Mart)
- Metro (also valid at Food Basics)
No minimum order is required and you can order a mix of Metro and Loblaws cards - the cards are available in denominations of $25, $50, $100, $250 (Loblaws) and $25, $50, $100 (Metro). For each $100 sold, the family will be credited $2.00 applied to the family's account as credit towards your next travel program, or you may choose to donate the money and get a tax receipt.
How to order:
- Make a one time order with a cheque payable to CISV Ottawa
- Write post-dated cheques payable to CISV Ottawa
- Date them for the 15th of the month
Mail your cheques to Scott Ackwood (email for the address). Gift certificates will be mailed to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- You have to buy grocery cards via cheque (or cash, but cheque is preferred). Credit cards charge a fee, which negates the benefits of the discount CISV gets from buying in bulk.
- Grocery cards can be used multiple times. The amounts you use are subtracted from the card total.
- Grocery cards can be used at self check outs. They have a bar code on the back which you scan. Faster than using a credit card or feeding in cash!