Your participation in a CISV program is not simply a holiday pastime. CISV is more. Get to know a small part of the world, exchange experiences with peers, learn about foreign cultures, develop your personality, become independent, develop a stronger awareness of global issues, and improve your language skills. Each CISV program is based on tried and tested concepts of “experiential learning”, which means that you gain new experiences and adapt to new skills – in your own way.
In the camp fees are included
- All travel costs for delegations and leaders (for Village, Interchange and Step Up)
- Overnight accommodation in double rooms or dormitories
- Full catering (CISV has mandatory minimum standards, dietary requirements are taken into account)
- National and international program fees
- Obligatory CISV insurance
- Well-trained leader (for delegations)
- Training weekend (for singles)
- Hosting fees to support future programs hosted in Ottawa (we can’t send kids on programs if we don’t host programs here!)
Villages and Step Ups also include stays with host families with no additional costs, since the host families also host the delegates voluntarily and for the sake of the idea.
Additionally, you should calculate
- Participation in all programs required a up to date paid Chapter Membership of $130
- A $250 application fee, which is refunded upon the Delegate’s parent(s) giving a minimum of 10 volunteer hours to CISV Ottawa, or if the youth is not selected to participate.
- Attendance at the mandatory Selection Camp (current costs apply, ~$100)
- Attendance at Spring Mini Camp for all travelling delegates (current costs apply, ~$100)
- Any visas required for your hosting country
- Any vaccinations obtained for your destination, and any associated travel medicine fees
- Pocket money, guest gifts, souvenirs, merchandise, pre-camp delegation events
- Interchange: stay, meals and entrances, … for the partner child and the leaders during hosting